Week 1: Two Dimensional Design Intro

Hello, my name is James Miller. You can call me Jim if you like.

I am a Studio Art major at Saint Xavier University.

Some things to know about me:
• Art is, and always has been, very important to me.
• I love music and collect vinyl. I'm really into Bang & Olufsen turntables.
• I am married to a really smart/cool wife, and we made two completely insane little boys. 

Over the years I've worked in graphic design. First in newspapers, then in private agencies, and I now serve as the interim art director for Trade Show Executive magazine. 

While the field of graphic design can be very commercial, I have been able to keep my art very personal to me. In my non-work life, I've collaborated with friends, completed several commissioned works, and amassed stacks of drawings 
that pile up in my closet.

My current passion is learning new techniques and experiencing art in different mediums.

I love photography, and look forward to exploring that more.

This blog is a visual and verbal record of my 2 Dimensional Design course in the art and design department of Saint Xavier.

Enjoy.

Oh! I nearly forgot. If you'd like, head over to my Instagram account at www.instagram.com/hollycross


Comments

Popular Posts